This ad is expired.
ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS ASSISTANT
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: Evergreen Valley College
The Admissions and Records Assistant reports to the Dean of Enrollment at Evergreen Valley College. The work schedule is 12 months per year; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Under the direction of assigned administrator, participate in the admission, registration and record-keeping functions of the college Admissions and Records office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide information and assistance to students regarding admission, registration and courses; assist students and faculty with completing various forms and documents; receive and confirm completion of a variety of forms including adding and dropping classes, withdrawing, fee refunds and change of grade or status.
2. Receive phone calls and respond to inquiries for general information; refer callers to other resources or offices as appropriate; communicate with instructors and other departments to assist with problems, procedures and general information.
3. Implement the District's matriculation policy by determining which portions of the program each new applicant requires; determine through verbal and written responses if the applicant requires testing, orientation, counseling or all facets of the program.
4. Receive and process admission applications; determine residency status of students; register and enroll students into classes using the on-line interactive computer system; collect appropriate fees; input admission information into the Student Master file.
5. Process transcript request forms; send letters to students that have a hold on their records; maintain related records.
6. Collect and balance money received from registration, tuition and other fees as required; prepare cash balance forms; maintain, close out and balance cash register, process refunds.
7. Prepare, post and maintain accurate and current files of individual student records and supporting materials that include grades, courses and other data regarding student performance and personal information.
8. Process incoming requests for past and current attendance information and academic standing.
9. Maintain and update folders for current and former students; purge inactive student folders.
10. Prepare letters, student attendance verifications, notices and other correspondence as needed.
11. Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer.
12. Troubleshoot the registration system using computer terminals and printers; train students to use the on-line registration terminals.
13. Provide support for special programs and off-campus registration.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
2. Modern office methods, procedures and equipment.
3. Operation of a computer terminal and data entry techniques.
4. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
5. Telephone techniques and etiquette.
6. Record-keeping techniques.
7. Basic mathematics.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, duplicating and maintaining routine records.
2. Work confidentially with discretion.
3. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
4. Learn to apply and explain policies, procedures and regulations regarding college admission, registration and student records.
5. Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
6. Assemble, organize and prepare data for records and reports.
7. Operate office machines including a computer and applicable software.
8. Meet schedules and time lines.
9. Adapt to changing circumstances and deal with stressful situations.
10. Type at a rate of speed necessary for effective job performance.
11. Complete work with many interruptions.
12. Understand and work within scope of authority.
13. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma or GED supplemented by specialized clerical courses.
2. One year of general clerical work involving public contact.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$51,857 - $63,297 Annual Salary (Range 62: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2022-2023). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 19 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency