This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant - UIWSOM Office of Admissions and Student Affairs
The administrative assistant functions as a member of the admissions and student affairs team and demonstrates superior customer service. He or she will greet visitors, answer and respond to student phone calls and emails, assist with the admissions application and interview process, support recruitment and community events, and assist with other student events as assigned. The administrative assistant supports the Associate Dean of Admissions and Student Affairs with clerical work, travel reconciliation, and budget-related matters. The administrative assistant will also provide clerical support for various school committees.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you, as the employee, to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively by phone and in person.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple assignments.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when dealing with all faculty, staff, students, and community.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge of proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure to ensure that written communication is complete, concise, and error-free.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the UIW social justice mission.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex setting.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
High School Diploma or its equivalent.
Required Work Experience
Three years experience providing customer service.
Experience providing customer service in a university or health profession school setting.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Typical Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with occasional extended hours to meet departmental needs.
Posting Number: AS1448PO
Job Category: Staff (non-exempt)
Desired Start Date: 07/18/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Andrea Cyterski
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 06/24/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/19627
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-347abf39e480d347868baa321838b03b