California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 505179
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time, Education Support Professionals, Student Services
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment at CSUSB is responsible for facilitating the processing, review, and evaluation of all undergraduate applicants to the University for each open term. California State University, San Bernardino receives over 24,000 applications each year and supports applicants, high schools, school districts, and community colleges with the resources needed to successfully apply and transition to campus.
General Admissions and Student Recruitment support responsible for departmental budget reporting, tracking, and management. Assistant to Director of Admissions Operations provides coordination and customer service support for the unit.
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Probationary with the possibility of converting to permanent.
Application Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required.
- Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems. May function as the office information technology specialist.
- The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is a prerequisite.
- The ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- The ability to interpret and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents or specific guidelines do not exist.
- The ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to the work area.
- The ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
- The ability to analyze operations and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- The ability to perform business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track and analyze financial and/or budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
- The ability to effectively write and present own reports.
- The ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
- The ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years in a progressively responsible administrative/clerical support capacity.
- Excellent communication skills. Experience working independently with the ability to interpret and use policies and procedures to resolve issues that may be sensitive or confidential. Ability to respond to and professionally handle a high volume of walk-in, telephone, and email inquiries on a daily basis. Excellent desktop and computer skills involving software including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with utilizing the internet to research and obtain information supporting assigned projects.
- Experience tracking expenditures and maintaining accurate information concerning account balances within program areas.
- Experience using interactive database systems such as PeopleSoft, highly desirable.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent AND five years of progressively responsible experience in general office clerical or secretarial work or the equivalent.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,352 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,352 - $5,639 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency