Admissions & Records Technician I - Enrollment Services (Two Positions)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03238
Posting Date: 06/14/2021
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 06/28/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
Minimum Salary: $3,037.15 per month
Maximum Salary: $4,291.41 per month
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and dependent life coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of technical duties in the Admissions and Records Office; perform specialized duties in one or more technical areas of admissions and records; provide information about the College to faculty, staff, students and the general public.
Incumbents in the Admissions and Records Technician I class perform the full range of admissions and records duties while specializing in one or more areas such as transcripts, residence and records. Incumbents in the Admissions and Records Technician II class perform advanced work in areas such as evaluations, master or class scheduling, or serving as lead to an admissions and records function or unit.
- Review applications for admission for accuracy and completeness; code applications; determine students' residency status; calculate non-residency fees.
- Provide information to students and applicants on curriculum, admissions requirements, residency requirements and course fees; provide information to veterans and their dependents regarding eligibility for benefits and procedures related to the veteran benefits program.
- Process student enrollment registrations; check registration forms for accuracy; calculate and receive registration and transcript fees; enroll students in classes; prepare and mail registration confirmation forms, parking permits and maps to students.
- Assist in evaluating student records for graduation and transfer eligibility; post units and grade points to student records; calculate grade point averages; assist in preparing certifications of general education requirements for four-year colleges and universities; maintain student status for various committees; provide list of graduates to graphics department for printing of commencement program.
- Process program changes; drop students from canceled classes; issue refunds for registration cancellations.
- Input student data into data processing terminal; update name and address changes on transcripts and in student files as needed; maintain separate records of non-resident student accounts.
- Prepare records and copies of transcripts for students; mail copies of transcripts and verifications of enrollment as requested; place holds on student records when they have financial obligations to the campus; process subpoenas.
- Prepare and distribute probation and disqualification letters to students; update academic status on student records.
- Prepare a variety of statistical reports including annual student enrollment, course registration and positive attendance reports; gather and maintain files on college demographics.
- Count and balance cash registers each day; prepare daily bank deposits for all monies received.
- Determine whether students meet residency requirements in accordance with State and District policy.
- Review and evaluate military records to allocate college credits; post military credits to students' permanent records.
- Collect final grades from instructors; review final grades for accuracy before processing; post credits granted through examination onto student records; post graduation dates onto review records.
- Distribute roll sheets with attendance and grading policies to all instructors; answer questions and provide information regarding policies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by college-level course work in business or related field AND three years of general clerical experience preferably at least one year in an admissions and records role.
Knowledge and Abilities:
-Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
-Business letter writing and report preparation.
-Course descriptions and articulation agreements.
-Perform arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
-Maintain accurate student attendance and transcript records.
-Operate microfilm and computer or data processing equipment used in maintaining office files.
-Respond to requests and inquiries from faculty, staff and students.
-Evaluate student records for graduation and transfer requirements.
-Calculate grade point averages quickly and accurately.
-Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
-Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work AND a demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Salary Grade: 37.0
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on March 11, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Unofficial Transcripts from all colleges attended showing degree(s) conferred (copies, and downloads are acceptable). Foreign transcripts must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency at the applicants expense
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Additional openings that become available prior to the end of the hiring process may also be filled from the qualified applicants.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/15552. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency