This ad is expired.
SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The San Jose - Evergreen Community College District (SJECCD) is currently recruiting an Admissions and Records Assistant. Under the direction of assigned administrator, participate in the admission, registration and record-keeping functions of the college Admissions and Records office. This is a temporary assignment through 04/30/2022 with the possibility of extension. Hourly pay is $21.79. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Position will be located at Evergreen Valley College, 3095 Yerba Buena Rd, San Jose, CA 95135
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide information and assistance to students regarding admission, registration and courses; assist students and faculty with completing various forms and documents; receive and confirm completion of a variety of forms including adding and dropping classes, withdrawing, fee refunds and change of grade or status.
2. Receive phone calls and respond to inquiries for general information; refer callers to other resources or offices as appropriate; communicate with instructors and other departments to assist with problems, procedures and general information.
3. Implement the District's matriculation policy by determining which portions of the program each new applicant requires; determine through verbal and written responses if the applicant requires testing, orientation, counseling or all facets of the program.
4. Receive and process admission applications; determine residency status of students; register and enroll students into classes using the on-line interactive computer system; collect appropriate fees; input admission information into the Student Master file.
5. Process transcript request forms; send letters to students that have a hold on their records; maintain related records.
6. Collect and balance money received from registration, tuition and other fees as required; prepare cash balance forms; maintain, close out and balance cash register, process refunds.
7. Prepare, post and maintain accurate and current files of individual student records and supporting materials that include grades, courses and other data regarding student performance and personal information.
8. Process incoming requests for past and current attendance information and academic standing.
9. Maintain and update folders for current and former students; purge inactive student folders.
10. Prepare letters, student attendance verifications, notices and other correspondence as needed.
11. Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer.
12. Troubleshoot the registration system using computer terminals and printers; train students to use the on-line registration terminals.
13. Provide support for special programs and off-campus registration.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
1. Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
2. Modern office methods, procedures and equipment.
3. Operation of a computer terminal and data entry techniques.
4. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
5. Telephone techniques and etiquette.
6. Record-keeping techniques.
7. Basic mathematics.
Skills and Abilities to:
1. Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, duplicating and maintaining routine records.
2. Work confidentially with discretion.
3. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
4. Learn to apply and explain policies, procedures and regulations regarding college admission, registration and student records.
5. Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
6. Assemble, organize and prepare data for records and reports.
7. Operate office machines including a computer and applicable software.
8. Meet schedules and time lines.
9. Adapt to changing circumstances and deal with stressful situations.
10. Type at a rate of speed necessary for effective job performance.
11. Complete work with many interruptions.
12. Understand and work within scope of authority.
13. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience:
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma or GED supplemented by specialized clerical courses.
2. One year of general clerical work involving public contact.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
1. 1. Typical office environment.
2. Constant interruptions
1. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and a variety of office equipment.
2. Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
3. Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
4. Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
5. Seeing to read a variety of materials.
6. Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
7. Lifting light objects.
$21.79/hour (range 62)
40 hours per week
Interested applicants should apply to Sam Morgan Sam.Morgan@evc.edu
For consideration, please submit a District application, cover letter, resume and copy of your transcripts by Wednesday, March, 9th 2022 at 5:00 PM
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency