This ad is expired.
Tarrant County College District
Posting Number: F004784
Position Status: Full Time
Assignment Length: This field only applies to Faculty
Grant Funded: No
Class Code: 12
Pay Rate: Commensurate with education and experience.
Location: Northeast, Northwest
Department: DT Registrar
Reporting to the District Registrar and Director of Academic Support Services, the Registrar is responsible for directing and coordinating undergraduate and continuing education registration as well as admission and records activities of the college for an individual campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets college policy and implements resulting procedures pertaining to admission, credit by examination/experience, grade and record changes, student records maintenance integrity, and registration
- Assists in establishing, coordinating and implementing procedures for admitting students
- Assesses students Texas Success Initiative (TSI) status
- Serves as a campus information resource regarding online transactions and solutions
- Monitors the creation, maintenance, and update of undergraduate and continuing education student records and assures accuracy of student records
- Prepares various reports reflecting office activities in response to district, state and federal requirements
- Certifies student enrollment to/for a variety of requestors in full compliance with both the Texas Open Records Act and the federal Family Rights and Privacy Act
- Provides campus workshops regarding the rights and responsibilities of students, faculty and staff regarding student records and related academic policies and procedures
- Provides information about admission and registration procedures
- Participates in recruitment and retention activities
- Serves on campus and district committees, and on committees of professional and regulatory organizations, as needed
General Supervision and Management
- Leads, manages, and evaluates performance for a campus team of enrollment professionals
- Participates in the North Texas Council of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (NTCURAO), the Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (TACRAO), and in other appropriate professional associations as assigned to support the Essential Performance Requirements
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation, and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
- Works under the general supervision of the District Registrar and Director of Academic Support Services
*Performs Other Related Tasks as Required
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
- Masters degree and three (3) years working experience in student admissions, records, or registration in a related professional or administrative position in a college or university; or Bachelors degree and seven (7) years working experience in student admissions, records, or registration in a related professional or administrative position in a college or university
- Three (3) years experience supervising (e.g., managing, evaluating the performance of others)
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
- Masters degree
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Skilled in excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with diverse populations
- Skilled using applications and enterprise systems, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and a setting that is diverse and urban
- Ability to think critically to effectively solve and communicate problems in a fast-paced environment where the demands for work are varied, and unpredictable in scope and volume
- Ability to analyze data and provide sound recommendations based on policy, procedure, practice, and existing regulations
- Ability to delegate work appropriately to faculty and staff to meet College and campus deliverables
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://jobs.tccd.edu/postings/29946
Tarrant County College is an equal opportunity/equal access institution.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency